Saturday, August 2, 2008

SKETCHES! AWESOME!

So I haven't posted new sketches in about 2 - 3 weeks... that's not good. Especially since I spent about 20 minutes scanning in around 15 or so of my favorite ones to post over the weekend, and the fact I had to edit them and everything before posting them.

Today I'm going to post a few of my favorites over the time frame. Tomorrow look for more.

CRITIC here was done in response to a few things; a bunch of people online who just got under my skin a little bit, and my own personal view on... well, myself. As much as I consider this how I view and look at other people, it's also how I look at myself. In essence... I am my own worst critic.


This piece is called "Heaven & Hell (Spirituality 2)" and I plan on taking this one to a few new levels. I originally did this as a proposal to get work for Heaven & Hell (long story short, I was going to basically give them this sketch and beg to do work for them). Because something came up, I'm not going to get the chance. It works out because now I can do more with it. It may have had a commercial purpose, but it actually took on a life of it's own and has a really cool deep personal meaning for me.
Finally, we have a zombie. That's it. A Zombie. It was partially done out of boredom on the train and wanting to draw something, as well as me kinda conjuring up Merciless Death's album cover by Ed Repka. I may develop this into a shirt or something, I'm not sure yet.

No comments: