Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Military-Style Pin-Up: Nearly Final Pencils?



It has been a very, very, very long week. Normally, an illustration like this is done within a day or two, but this time it's been 4 days, going on 6. The pencils have taken 3 days longer than I thought because not only do I want this to be good, I want to get better at it! Instead of simply taking suggestions and doing them verbatim, I've instead actually sat down and studied just how and why their ideas work and why I was have a problem with them.

There isn't much left to improve; I might change the eyes a bit, refine the hands, and double-check the feet, but I'm pretty sure this is it. I think pushing for more and more changes is just going to hold this one back.

Also, I'm working on another in what may become a series. We'll see.

No comments: